Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Poll

Che & I spent a wonderful weekend in Sedona celebrating his birthday, but since my trip report is not quite ready to post (which reminds me I still haven't posted my Grand Cayman report - yikes!), I'll leave you today with this Christmas poll, which I stole from my friend Emily's blog, (and which she lifted from elsewhere).

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I love wrapping paper but I'll resort to cute gift bags if I have an odd-shaped gift. I suck at wrapping things that aren't shaped like boxes.

2. Real tree or artificial? None. I love Christmas, but I don't decorate for it.

3. When do you put up the tree? See Response to No. 2.

4. When do you take the tree down? Again, No. 2.

5. Do you like eggnog? No, naaaaasty.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A red bicycle.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope. No. 2.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My parents. They have everything or they can get it for themselves. They are SO hard to shop for.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My husband. He's basically a 12-year-old when it comes to receiving gifts. For his birthday, he got a kite and loved it. He was trying to guess his Christmas gift (unsuccessfully) on our drive to Sedona, and among the things he got excited about (for no reason since he's not getting them) are a pogo stick and a metal detector. Sigh.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? ?? A set of Christmas kitchen towels. Since I don't decorate (see Response to No. 2), I have no use for them.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Sometimes a little late, but I do send them.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Charlie Brown Christmas.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas ? Usually after Thanksgiving.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Does donating a gift to Goodwill count? If not, no.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Nettie's Bennie wafers. YUM.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? No tree (let's see, how many times can I reference Response to No. 2?), but if I were to have a tree, I would opt for clear lights. So elegant.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Do They Know It's Christmas?

18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Depends. This year, staying home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Of course.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? No tree (you know the drill), but I definitely would not have an angel and would probably opt for something other than a star as well.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Che's family tradition is to open one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning, so that's how we try to do it, but I usually want to open them all on Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Santa Baby, the worst song ever recorded.

23. What I love most about Christmas? Buying presents.

24. Favorite Christmas Cookie? The classic, beautifully-decorated sugar cookie.

Thanks, Em!

No comments: