Thursday, August 14, 2008

Finally!

I got my car back yesterday, and it's as shiny and good as new. Looks fantastic, and I can't believe how much I missed it. It's soooooo nice to have it back.

The final insurance determination was a little more frustrating. First, the OTHER guy's adjuster concluded that I was 100% at fault. Um, yeah right! What kind of crack was he smoking? I was livid. My adjuster concluded he was 100% at fault, and the negotiations between the two adjusters fell apart because neither would budge. Go, my adjuster. The dispute ended up getting referred to some panel of senior adjusters, and they concluded that he was 80% at fault and I was 20% at fault. Have to say, if we're allocating 20% fault here, I personally think it belongs to the police officer whose car was blocking the lane of traffic I was supposed to be in when I got hit. But whatever. That means I am getting back 80% of my deductible and the out-of-pocket costs I paid for the rental car. I guess I'll take it, although I'm more concerned about how this will affect my rates. I would think that a single accident in which I was only 20% at fault in FIFTEEN years shouldn't affect me. But then again, I am probably giving the insurance company too much credit.

No comments: