Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bend Trip Report

I guess technically that should be Redmond, Oregon, which is where we were staying at Eagle Crest Resort. We spent most of our time in and around Bend, about 20 minutes away. But our 2-bedroom condo/townhouse was great, and the resort grounds were beautiful. I especially enjoyed the running path along the gorgeous Deschutes River:


Che's buddy Rik joined us for the first few days. For most of the week, the weather was GORGEOUS. We spent Saturday tooling around town, had lunch at Deschutes Brewery, and had a fabulous dinner at Deep. We already had plans to meet up with our friends Cory & Lisa at Deep on Monday night, but you can never have enough sushi. Monday's dinner was even better:




Sunday we hit the slopes at Mt. Bachelor. After a private lesson, I was still nowhere near ready to go. What happened to my confidence in seven years? Sure enough, at the bottom of the first run, I took a pretty hard hit to the head and was done for the day. Learned my lesson, though, and decided to rent a helmet the next time out. The boys, on the other hand, were tearing it up. They spent all day Sunday and Monday on the mountain. I spent Monday shopping, lunching, and spa-ing with my Lisa.

Rik went home on Tuesday, and Che & I were pretty much on our own the rest of the week. We did have a great dinner with my friend Alycia at Cork on Tuesday night, enjoyed a couple of massages (at our resort and at Jinsei Spa), did some shopping, ate some great food, and caught up on some R&R. Oh, I can't forget to mention breakfast at the Mustard Seed Cafe in Redmond - AWESOME.


The weather turned cold and snowy on Thursday. We hit Mt. Bachelor for the last time on Friday and boarded as long as we could until the visibility turned to complete crap:




We had a fun week, but man, I do not miss the cold.

Next trip up - Chicago in eight weeks!

1 comment:

Traveling Em said...

I love the picture of y'all in the snow!!! And I can tell you, I do not miss the heat!!